Casa Beebe


Hello Friends!

The last two weeks have been a whirlwind for me…actually the last three weeks!

Let’s back up to mid-April when I got home from Cabo. The following day I had a job interview. The next day I had another job interview. Friday afternoon the second job interview offered me a temporary position (until June) but they wanted me to start Monday morning!

I freaked out a little.

Then I looked at my calendar and saw that I really couldn’t start the next Monday. I had the Career Fair at my university on Tuesday, which I was definitely going to go to, I had a meeting on Wednesday and then Grad Fair at the university, Thursday and Friday I had an Excel class to go to. (Working on one of my goals for 2013!)

Luckily the employer was flexible and agreed to let me start the temporary position a week later. The week was crazy, and by the end of it I had scheduled an assessment test for another position that I only found out about by going to the Career Fair, and then, also because of the Career Fair, I was invited in to take another assessment test and an impromptu interview ensued with an entirely different prospective employer! By Friday of that week I was zonked!

That weekend was busy and full of “getting read to go to work Monday” last minute preparations, including food prep, house chores, clothes shopping, etc. Monday the 22nd I left my house at 8 in the morning to head off to trade my time for money for the first time in over 3.5 years. Wow. It was crazy!

2013-04-22 10.18.15

I am working in the Automated Services department (credit/debit/atm cards) of a local credit union.

2013-04-22 13.42.50

Lunch outside at the park on my first day. I don’t look too shabby if I do say so myself.

The job is decent, the people are very friendly, and the days go by quickly. I am amazed at how much card fraud occurs on a daily basis. Criminals suck!

I have been working 8:30 – 5:30, Monday through Friday for the past two weeks (today is the start of week 3). On Monday and Wednesday’s I have been going for an almost 4 mile hill walk with a friend, I caught a nasty cold (from Chris, thanks a lot!) and still trying to keep up on kitty snuggles, house chores, garden stuff, and having a social life.

Tonight I didn’t go for a walk because of a cool thunder storm, so I actually feel like I have a minute to breathe, and hence, blog.


2013-04-27 12.29.15

The kittens, used to having me home all day every day, have been very lonely.

2013-04-28 13.36.23

2013-04-28 15.30.28   2013-04-29 13.39.59

Aww…so sweet!  Poor, lonely kitties!

Let’s see…I have managed to do some cooking and food prep. Thanks to Cassie over at Back To Her Roots for the inspiration, I made my own individual “fruit-on-the-bottom” yogurts. Some time ago I quit buying individual yogurts for two reasons: 1)brands like Yoplait and Dannon are chock full of artificial colors/flavors/sugars and they aren’t cheap, and 2)brands like Chobani or Nancy’s, while on the healthier side, are WAY expensive (for my taste). Why I didn’t think of packaging up my own before Cassie’s post I don’t know. But it was genius, easy and much more in line with me being in control of my food and costs.


2013-04-28 13.01.56-1

I just took half pint jars, added some frozen blackberries and strawberries from my freezer (my own bounty from last year) and then topped that with about a half cup of plain yogurt that I purchased in the larger tub. I stuck them in the fridge and threw them in our lunches throughout the week! Easy, tasty, and not chock full of garbage. We also have done some weekend cooking to make weeknight dinners easier.
2013-04-28 17.59.38

This is a gorgeous ham with an apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and mustard glaze. YUM! And, as for fun, well I have gone on several hill walks, I went wine tasting with a friend, Chris and I went for a hike, I went for a five mile walk jog, and finally, after months of work, we took the boat out on Saturday for our first real play day of the season!

2013-05-04 14.03.50

2013-05-04 14.04.30

2013-05-04 14.05.51

The sun was shining, the weather was warm and gorgeous, although it was a bit breezy and the water was a little rough in the main part of the lake. We did have a lovely, relaxing time though. Yay for boating season!!

Sunday I spent some much needed time in my neglected lettuce patch and picked about 5 bags worth of spinach and leaf lettuce.

2013-05-05 12.24.35

2013-05-05 12.56.32

So, that is the short recap of the last three-ish weeks of crazy here at Casa Beebe! The next few weeks look to be just as full, so my check-in’s will likely be a bit sporadic. I do have some posts that have been percolating for a bit, so as I get the opportunity I will work on getting those out.

I’m so glad that summer weather is finally here, regardless if I am super busy, the sun always makes me happy! Has summer struck in your neck of the woods?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


This entry was posted on May 7, 2013 by in adventures, boating, food, garden, goals, job search.
%d bloggers like this: